Breakfast / Petit Déjeuner



Breakfast is a smoothie and I follow the same basic formula to make it every morning:

Liquid base
The base for me is almost always water. Once in a while, for example if I've got company visiting, I'll switch it up and use almond milk, coconut milk, kefir, juice, or tea. I don't measure the liquid part, I just add enough to get my preferred consistency.

Protein Powder
I've tried this a bunch of different flavors of protein powder but ultimately settled on vanilla since it's the most versatile. Most protein powders come with a little scoop so you just take a scoop and dump it into your glass for instant protein happiness. They've got vegan versions as well as whey protein so you can pick your favorite kind.

Frozen Fruits and Vegetables
My favorites are bananas, pineapples, mango, peaches, berries, and dark leafy greens. You can pretty much put in any fruit or vegetable you like. If you put them in fresh instead of frozen, you may want to add ice to your smoothie.

Extras
I only use these sometimes when I want extra pizzazz in my smoothie. Extras are things like spirulina, flax seeds, chia seeds, oats, nut butters, cocoa powder, dates, ginger, or vanilla.




Comments

Popular Posts